Working with me
Depending on your needs, motivation, and complexity, we can meet just once or several times over the course of a few months. Regular meetups are helpful for tracking down the root cause, which can take some detective work. Following up on a regular schedule also helps you to stay on track and overcome any obstacles that come up. Meeting every other week is optimal to keep the momentum going. We can meet in person, over the phone, or by zoom.
I use a variety of tools to identify root causes. What I recommend to each client depends on my client's symptoms, preferences, budget, and accessibility.
• Health history and symptoms
• In-depth discussion
• Conventional lab work
• Additional markers for nutrient status and panels for glandular function (like full thyroid panel), which I or your doctor can order
• Advanced functional testing like DUTCH test for hormones, KBMO Food Inflammation Test, Comprehensive Stool Test, genetic testing, and Organic Acids Test
These tests are extremely insightful, but can be pricey and are definitely optional. You may be able to get them covered by your insurance or at least your health savings account.
The solutions I recommend are evidenced-based, tailored to your unique circumstances, and emphasize nutrition science and functional medicine strategies. I also draw from the wisdom of Ayurveda, yoga philosophy, and traditional remedies on occasion. My recommendations may include any or all of the following:
• Dietary upgrades (emphasizing whole food, plant rich)
• Lifestyle practices (sleep, stress reduction, exercise, mindful eating, etc)
• Targeted, high quality supplements (intended for temporary use to quickly correct imbalance)
• Referral to other treatment modalities (acupuncture, chiropractic, PT, specialists, etc)
They are all designed to holistically and synergistically improve your self care.
Working with me is a collaborative effort. I share my knowledge, observations, strategies, and suggestions. You share your goals, what works for you and what doesn't, how you're feeling, what's challenging, what you prefer, etc. Through discussion, we work together to find the best solutions for your unique situation. I encourage your feedback every step of the way. We can fast track or move more slowly and deliberately; whichever pace would best support you.
We can meet "on demand" as needed, but I highly recommend choosing the 3 Month Package because it best fosters commitment and regular progress. The 3 Month Plan also saves you $200 over "a la cart."
If you're ready to get to the root of your health challenges and most importantly - ready to make the needed changes to your diet and self care - I want to work with you. Contact me at [email protected] to book an appointment.
A note about pricing - I strongly believe that wellness should not depend on financial status. If your financial situation would prohibit you from working with me at my usual rate, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Initial 75-minute consult
In-depth analysis of
Initial consult plus
5, bi-weekly follow-ups
including all the health history and labwork analysis, recommendations, progress checks, discussion, and quick email support
Getting started + next steps
• If you have questions about working together, contact me to schedule a free 15-20 minute discovery call. In the contact form, let me know what you would like support for.
• Select the consult type you'd like and pay online.
• Email or mail me your completed Health History Form, any lab work you have had in the last year or two, and best times to have regular consultations.
• I do an in-depth review all of the information you sent me.
• We schedule our initial consultation, where we talk about your symptoms, history, goals, preferences, challenges, my assessment, and more.
• On our next meeting, I'll provide more education on your unique dynamics and interconnectedness, recommend targeted tests (if applicable and accessible), and initial strategies to get you on your path to healing.
• We meet regularly (ideally every other week at a regularly scheduled time) to progress step-by-step through our investigation and strategies to improve your symptoms and reverse the root cause dynamics that are causing them.
• I follow-up our meetings with an email summary, with links to relevant medical references, resources, and any products I recommend.
• We can email quick clarifications between sessions, but the bulk of our discussion will be during our live consultations.